|You are quite a skilled Barista and know a lot about coffee. But you still want to dive deeper into the world behind coffee. The SVH-accredited SCA Barista Skills Professional training course from ITC Academy can help you there!
In the professional course: We will discuss how environmental factors influence the freshness of coffee. We will look at the latest developments in espresso machines. Teach you how to produce high-quality microfoam. The various tamping techniques will be shown and evaluated. We will give you tips on how to design a barista menu and discuss HACCP, customer satisfaction, costs, suppliers and work schedules.
|Three days of 7 hours each. The training starts at 10 a.m., we finish at 5 p.m.
|Successful completion of the SCA Barista Skills Intermediate course is required.
- Training: € 807,00 excl. VAT (€ 976,47 incl. VAT) (including training materials and lunch).
- Certificate SCA-members (optional): € 130,00 excl. VAT (€ 157,30 incl. VAT) (please inform us of your membership during application).
- Certificate non-members (optional): € 130,00 excl. VAT (€ 157,30 incl. VAT)
As a member of the SCA you receive a discount on the certificate. You can join the SCA here: https://sca.coffee/membership/
|All learning materials are available at our training locations.
|Coffee roasters, buyers, vendors, employees working with coffee, private individuals who would like to extend their barista skills.
This training has been developed to train and test advanced skills and detailed knowledge of the science behind the processes and methods used by – and expected of – a professional Barista.
|The SCA Barista Skills Professional practical exam takes place on the third day of class. If you also want an SCA certificate, you can take the online theory test after passing your practical exam. Read our SCA page for more information.
|The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) has created the Coffee Skills Program. This program consists of five different modules: Barista Skills, Brewing, Green Coffee, Sensory Skills and Roasting. Each module is offered at three levels: foundation, intermediate and professional. All modules are concluded with a practical and theoretical exam. On successful completion of a module an internationally accepted certificate can be requested. For more information about the certification system, please visit the SCA website.
|During the day we will switch between theory, experiments and practice.
You will learn…
- what the effect of roasting is on the way you make coffee;
- how caffeine is extracted from coffee;
- what influence packaging and other environmental factors have on freshness;
- what the different types of coffee grinders do with the taste of coffee;
- the influence of beans on aroma and mouthfeel;
- the relationship between coffee dosing and water temperature;
- about the latest developments in the field of espresso machines (such as temperature stability, PID, pre-infusion, multiple boilers and pressure profiling);
- about the different treatment techniques of milk and their influence on taste;
- how to apply HACCP;
- test and increase customer satisfaction;
- dealing with complaints;
- how to make a work and cleaning schedule;
- how to filter water correctly;
- how to select suppliers.
You will learn…
- measure extraction, recognize errors and make the right adjustments;
- evaluate and test the different tamping techniques;
- recognize errors in dosing and tamping techniques at other Baristas;
- how to produce high-quality microfoam;
- pouring latte art;
- calculate the cost price of coffee based on ingredients;
- design a barista menu and calculate the cost prices;
- perfect your barista skills to a WBC level.
|Tastes like more? How about Green Coffee, Roasting, Brewing techniques or Sensory Skills? Click here to view our complete course curriculum.